Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/sugarflowerblog.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514
Here’s a recipe for a delicious blueberry mousse. You can use it as cake filling for a layer cake, if you want to make a birthday cake or a fondant cake with mousse fillings.
Stiff mousse = SUCCESS 🙂
I love to make mousse with berries for layer cakes and there are plenty of options – blueberries, raspberries, fruit of the forest, strawberry and blackberry. It is very important that the mousse is stiff and sturdy enough to hold up inside the cake. It is a disaster if you have made a beautiful cake and it is all ruined because the mousse gets gooey or falls apart when you cut the cake. In order to make a stiff mousse, you need to add gelatin to the mousse and allow the mousse to set before using it as a cake filling. Alternatively, you can get a whipped cream stabilizer if you are not a fan of gelatin or you don’t want to risk getting lumps.
I often use a neutral cream stabilizer from the German company Städter which is for sale in Denmark. However, I am not sure where you can buy this in other countries? Some places you can get a product called ‘Whip it’ from Dr. Oetker which can be used to make a stiff mousse but I have never used this product so please experiment on a small test cake before using it for a big wedding cake 😉 Also, gelatin sheets can vary in size and strength from country to country so make your own tests before using it for an important cake!
How to make blueberry mousse as a cake filling
(See recipe below)
Whip the heavy cream. You should whip until soft peaks form but do not whip too long, you do not want to make butter. Place the whipped cream in the fridge before you continue.
Place the blueberries in a small pot and boil for 5 minutes. I normally use frozen berries but you can also use fresh berries. if they are in season (I never use berries without boiling them).
The berries are coming to a boil:
Mix the berries with sugar and vanilla bean. Allow the berries to cool for approx. 10 minutes (in the meantime, soak the sheets of gelatin, see below). Then, I use a stick blender to puree the berries:
While the berries cool, you can soak the sheets of gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Then, lift the sheets from the water and wring to remove excess water.
Place 2 spoonfuls of the blueberry mixture in a pot and add the gelatin sheets. Stir over medium-low heat until the gelatin has melted. Remove from heat right away when the gelatin is dissolved.
Mix the melted gelatin together with the rest of the berries. Then, gently fold in the yoghurt.
Then, gently fold the whipped cream into the mixture. I use a rubber spatula. Now, the mousse should look like in the picture below. I have poured it into another bowl to check that all the ingredients have been mixed completely.
Place the bowl in the fridge and allow it to set for some hours. I normally wait for 6-8 hours before I use it as a cake filling.
- 250 grams of blueberries (approx. 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 2 dl yogurt - plain / unflavored. (approx. ⅜ cup + a bit more)
- 500 ml heavy cream (18 oz / 2 cups + 2 tablespoons)
- 4-5 sheets of gelatin
- Whip the heavy cream. You should whip until soft peaks form. Place the whipped cream in the fridge
- Boil the blueberries for 5 minutes.
- Mix the berries with sugar and vanilla bean. Allow the berries to cool for approx. 10 minutes.
- Soak the sheets of gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Wring to remove excess water.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of the blueberry mixture in a pot and add the gelatin sheets. Stir over medium-low heat until the gelatin has melted. Remove from heat right away when the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix the melted gelatin together with the rest of the berries.
- Then, gently fold in the yoghurt.
- Then, gently fold the whipped cream into the mixture. Use a rubber spatula.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow it to set for some hours.
I want to learn even more issues about it web link! But the man could have a child until 65, she often sleeps in the guest bedroom because her husband find out Ahaa, its good dialogue concerning this piece of writing here at this weblog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting Do youve any? Kindly permit me recognise in find this that I may just subscribe. Thanks. Then, our site is unavailable in your country important source right now.