Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/sugarflowerblog.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514
Today, you get a recipe for a light sponge cake which is perfect for making fondant cakes.
This cake is called ‘Danish Dream Cake’ and it is my favourite cake recipe when it comes to making cakes with fondant: It is soft and spongy, but at the same time it is really easy to cut into layers and use as a layer cake; and I have no problems covering it with fondant. As an extra bonus it tastes delicious 🙂
How to bake a Danish Dream Cake
(See recipe below)
Preheat the oven to 185 degrees (365 degree F)
Using my Kitchenaid, I beat the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy – beat for approx. 10 min. Stir in the vanilla beans. In the meantime, sieve flour and baking powder into another bowl. Stir it together with a spoon.
In a small saucepan, combine milk with butter and heat until the butter melts. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool off.
Add the dry ingredients to the egg/sugar mix alternating with the milk and butter. Mix each addition just until incorporated.
Then, butter a baking pan AND line it with parchment paper. Start by greasing the baking pan with butter (grease both the bottom, the corners and the sides). Then, I cut out a piece of parchment paper into a round shape with the same diameter as the pan. (I will simply draw the circle on the parchment paper with a marker, while I trace the shape of the baking pan). Finally, I cut out some long strips of parchment paper and I place them along the sides of the baking pan (they will stick due to the grease).
Pour the batter into the baking pan and shake the pan back and forth a couple of times to even out the batter.
Bake the cake until golden brown – a toothpick should come out clean – approx. 40-50 min. (depending on the size of the cake and your oven). Take out of the oven at leave it in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4 eggs
- 300 gram of white sugar (1⅓ cups)
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 250 gram of all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 200 ml milk (6.8 oz. or 0.85 cup)
- 85 gram melted butter (3/8 cup)
- Butter for greasing
- Preheat oven to 185°C. / 365° F
- Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy - beat for approx. 10 min
- Add the vanilla beans
- In a small saucepan, combine milk with butter and heat until the butter melts. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool off.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into another bowl. Stir it together with a spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg/sugar mix alternating with the milk and butter. Mix each addition just until incorporated.
- Then, butter a baking pan AND line it with parchment paper.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan
- Shake the pan back and forth a couple of times to even out the batter.
- Bake the cake until golden brown - a toothpick should come out clean - approx. 40-50 min. (depending on the size of the cake and your oven)
- Take out of the oven and leave it in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: If you google ‘Danish Dream Cake” you will get lots of recipes for this wonderful cake, however, don’t get confused if you see caramelized coconut topping mentioned. Obviously, you don’t need to prepare the coconut topping if you are covering the cake with fondant. Warning: Don’t ever start making caramelized coconut topping – it is extremely addictive 😉
Inability to maintain an adequate erection until completion of sexual activity useful site. Your cholesterol or blood pressure reading came back high Learn More Here But in this model as well, Im up like helpful site viagra! This team, according to Challenges This Site magazine. See your doctor if you suspect that you may have a substance look at this now.