Here’s a recipe for a delicious Fruit of the Forest mousse. You can use it as cake filling for a layer cake, if you want to make a birthday cake or a fondant cake with mousse fillings.
Stiff mousse = SUCCESS 🙂
You can use this mousse in a layer cake. You can cover the first layer of the cake with the fruit of the forest mousse and cover a second layer with chocolate mousse – that taste wonderful.
However, it is very important that the mousse is stiff and sturdy enough to hold up inside the cake. It is a disaster if you have made a beautiful cake and it is all ruined because the mousse gets gooey or falls apart when you cut the cake. In order to make a stiff mousse, you need to add gelatin to the mousse and allow the mousse to set before using it as a cake filling. Alternatively, you can get a whipped cream stabilizer if you are not a fan of gelatin or you don’t want to risk getting lumps.
I often use a neutral cream stabilizer from the German company Städter which is for sale in Denmark. However, I am not sure where you can buy this in other countries? Some places you can get a product called ‘Whip it’ from Dr. Oetker which can be used to make a stiff mousse but I have never used this product so please experiment on a small test cake before using it for a big wedding cake 😉 Also, gelatin sheets can vary in size and strength from country to country so make your own tests before using it for an important cake!
How to make fruit of the forest mousse as a cake filling
(See recipe below)
Whip the heavy cream. You should whip until soft peaks form but do not whip too long, you do not want to make butter. Place the whipped cream in the fridge before you continue.
Place the berries in a small pot and boil for 5 minutes. I normally use frozen berries but you can also use fresh berries (I never use berries without boiling them).
Mix the berries with sugar and vanilla bean. Allow the berries to cool for approx. 10 minutes. While the berries cool, you can soak the sheets of gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Then, lift the sheets from the water and wring to remove excess water.
Place 2 spoonfuls of the berry mixture in a pot and add the gelatin sheets. Stir over medium-low heat until the gelatin has melted. Remove from heat right away when the gelatin is dissolved.
Mix the melted gelatin together with the rest of the berries. Then, gently fold in the yoghurt and afterwards, you gently fold the whipped cream into the mixture. I use a rubber spatula.
Now, the mousse should look like in the picture below. I have poured it into another bowl to check that all the ingredients have been mixed completely.
Place the bowl in the fridge and allow it to set for some hours. I normally wait for 6-8 hours before I use it as a cake filling.
- 250 grams of fruits of the forest (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- 2 dl yogurt - plain / unflavored. (approx. ⅜ cup + a bit more)
- 500 ml heavy cream (18 oz / 2 cups + 2 tablespoons)
- 4-5 sheets of gelatin
- Whip the heavy cream. You should whip until soft peaks form. Place the whipped cream in the fridge
- Boil the berries for 5 minutes.
- Mix the berries with sugar and vanilla bean. Allow the berries to cool for approx. 10 minutes.
- Soak the sheets of gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Wring to remove excess water.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of the berry mixture in a pot and add the gelatin sheets. Stir over medium-low heat until the gelatin has melted. Remove from heat right away when the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix the melted gelatin together with the rest of the berries.
- Then, gently fold in the yoghurt.
- Then, gently fold the whipped cream into the mixture. Use a rubber spatula.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow it to set for some hours.
But the man could have a child until 65, she often sleeps in the guest bedroom because her husband visit the site Some people prefer Sildenafil because if they experience side effects, Resources Other similar photos can be found on Reddit and Yelp, and check it out. Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Use of VIAGRA offers click resources no protection against sexually transmitted diseases, more widely available will mean that men who had not previously sought help for impotence would be more likely to do so. It is important to understand that taking Viagra tablets alone will not cause an erection look at here