Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/sugarflowerblog.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514
Here’s a small tutorial on how to make hydrangeas from fondant or gum paste for your own cake projects.
You will need:
Fondant or gum paste / sugar paste
Cutter and veiner for a hydrangea
Non-stick board or an ordinary cutting board
Rolling Pin for fondant
Tylo powder (only if you use fondant)
A mold for drying the flowers, e.g. a painter’s palette, flower former cups or a Toffifee/Toffifay chocolate tray – only the tray, you have to eat the chocolate first – real bummer, I know 😉
Paint brushes for glue and color dust
1) Start by coloring your fondant or gum paste in your desired color. You dip a toothpick in a paste color and stroke the color across the fondant surface. Afterwards, knead the fondant until the color is spread throughout the whole piece. When the fondant has the correct color, you can add a pinch of tylo powder. This makes the fondant easier to work with (only if you use fondant).
Remember to put the fondant or gum paste in a tightly closed plastic bag when you are not working with it. Otherwise, it dries and gets destroyed. Use only the amount you need and leave the rest in the bag in the meantime.
2) Take a non-stick board and add some corn starch with your duster. Also, use the corn starch on your rolling pin so the fondant won’t stick.
3) In this tutorial, I have not colored the fondant with a paste color, I will color the flower afterwards with color dust.
Roll out the fondant / gum paste. Roll it out thinly, but not paper thin!
4) Cut out the flowers with your hydrangea cutter. Make as many flowers as you need.
5) Protect the flowers with a plastic bag or some plastic film except for the one you are working with. I use a storage board from Wilton.
6) Dust the veiner with some corn starch and place the flower in the veiner
9) Place your flower in a Tofifee/Toffifay tray, a flower former cup or painter’s palette and let it dry for some hours, preferably a day.
How to color the hydrangea
I hope that you can use this tutorial? Let me know if you have questions or comments 🙂
It is important to understand that taking Viagra tablets alone will not cause an erection Check This Out read more: site I could not resist commenting. Well written go to this site! Its important to remember that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesnt regulate quality helpful site check this kidney stones and erectile dysfunction.