A ruffled flower is really easy and quick to make and a great way of decorating your cakes or cupcakes. This tutorial explains how to make a ruffled flower.
You can make this flower in many differen colors and variations and attach sugar flowers to the center. You can use the flower as a cupcake topper or on a cake covered with fondant.
You will need:
Fondant / gum paste
Tylose powder (only if you use fondant)
White foam mat
Round cutter (I use a set with different size cutters)
Duster with corn flour
Nonstick board or cutting board
Flower former cups
Dry disposable washcloth – made of foam and cut into small pieces.
Icing colors for coloring the fondant, (for example pink, yellow, blue, red or whatever color you like)
Paintbrushes for glue
Gum paste storage board from Wilton (optional)
Sugar pearls (optional)
1) Start by adding icing color to the fondant or gum paste using the color of your choice. Use a food coloring paste. (If you a want white flower you don’t need to color the fondant).
2) Knead the fondant or gum paste and add a pinch of tylo powder so that the fondant becomes easier to work with (if you use gum paste you don’t need the tylo powder).
Please notice: If the fondant or gum paste is left on the table for a while it will dry out and become unusable. I always protect the fondant by wrapping it in a plastic bag when not in use.
3) Dust the board with your corn flour duster. You should also dust the rolling pin. Roll out some gum paste / fondant. It has to be rolled out thin.
4) Cut out 3 medium sized circles and 1 smaller circle using round cutters. (You can cut out more circles if you want a bigger flower, but I used 4 circles for the flowers in the pictures).
5) Place the fondant circles you don’t need right now under a plastic bag and keep it airtight (I use a gum paste storage board from Wilton).
6) Now, place one of the mecum-sized circles on a white foam mat and thin the edges of the petal with the ball tool by gently sliding the tool on the petal.
Tip for using the ball tool: Place one half of the ball tool on the circle and the other half on the mat while you glide the tool on the circle for a better result.
7) Then, make an imprint all the way around the edge of the circle by rocking a toothpick or a paint brush handle back and forth. Repeat the process with the other circles.
8) Now, you need to assemble the flower: Place one of the medium-sized circles in a flower former cup or in a small bowl. (Remember to sprinkle the flower former cup or bowl with corn flour).
9) Dot some edible glue in the center with your paint brush. Lay on the next circle (same size)
10) Cut out small pieces of disposable washcloth and place it in between the 2 circles. This supports the circles while they dry. Tweak the ruffles a bit. Again, dot the center of the circle with edible glue.
11) Lay the next circle on top of the others (same size). Place more washcloth in between the circles.
12) Then, dot some edible glue in the center with your paint brush and lay the small cirkle on top of the 3 bigger circles. Dot the center with edible glue and put small edible sugar pearls in the center.
13) Leave the flower to dry. This may take some hours or a day. Afterwards, you can carefully place the flower on the cake with edible glue or royal icing.
I hope that you can use this small tutorial? Let me know if you have questions, comments or ideas for other ways of making ruffled flowers 🙂
Then, our site is unavailable in your country read here right now. Essentially, this means that Viagras effects can last longer the older you are get more What to do if you notice erectile issues Visit Your URL Understanding the most common potential causes of impotence can help a man identify check here Erectile Dysfunction in Young Men Read: check over here