In this ‘how to’ / tutorial I explain how you can make a small daisy from fondant or gum paste.
Small daisies look good on fondant cakes and they are super easy to make!
You will need the following:
Fondant or gum paste
Tylo powder (only if you use fondant)
Icing colors (could be pink, yellow etc.)
Wilton Flower Impression Mat or another mold for the center of the flower
Duster with corn flour
Paintbrush for edible glue
Flower former cups
1) Start by coloring the fondant or gum paste in a color of your choice with icing colors. (Daisies are normally white, yellow, orange, red, pink or cream colored – you don’t need to buy icing color for a white daisy!).
Please notice: If the fondant or gum paste is left on the table for a while it will dry out and become unusable. I always protect the fondant by wrapping it in a plastic bag when not in use.
2) Knead the fondant or gum paste and add a pinch of tylo powder so that the fondant becomes easier to work with (if you use gum paste you don’t need the tylo powder).
3) Dust the board with your corn flour duster. You should also dust the rolling pin before you begin. Roll out some gum paste; you have to roll it out thinly but don’t make it paper-thin
4) Cut out a flower with your daisy cutter. Press down the cutter firmly and twist it a bit. This way, you get a cleaner cut. If you want to make more daisies at a time, it is a good idea to roll out a big piece of fondant or gum paste and cut out all the flower petals at once. Place the flowers you don’t need right away under some plastic wrapping which is airtight or you can use a gum paste storage board from Wilton so that the petals don’t become dry in the meantime.
5) Place the flower on a foam mat and thin the petals by running the ball tool from the center of the flower and towards the edges. The ball tool makes the petal thinner and gives it a more natural look. Afterwards, make an imprint in the petals by pressing a toothpick or the end of your paintbrush into each petal 2-3 times.
6) Now, you make the center of the flower. You got 2 options:
- Attach sugar pearls to the center
- Make a center out of fondant / gum paste
How to make the center of the flower from fondant
I use the Wilton Flower Impression Mat but you can also get other types of molds for making the center of a daisy. Remember to dust the flower impression mat/mold a bit before you begin.
Ball up a small amount of fondant / gum paste and place it in the mold. Apply a bit of pressure to the fondant to leave an imprint.
6b) Attach it to the daisy with a dot of edible glue.
You can also attach some sugar pearls to the center:
Make an indent to the center of the flower with the small ball on a ball tool. Put a dot of edible glue in the center. Affix one or more pearls to the glue
7) Place the flowers in a flower forming cup, a paint tray, or the like so that the daisies don’t become completely flat when they dry. Leave it to dry for 1 day or at least some hours.
I hope you could use the tutorial. You are most welcome to contact me if you have comments or questions 🙂
The fashion designer said in a new interview with The Times that Viagra Go Here has happened to women in the last 15 years. Do youve any? Kindly permit me recognise in visit that I may just subscribe. Thanks. explanation kidney stones and erectile dysfunction. Woah! Im really enjoying the This Site of this blog bookmarked!!, I really like your original site!